Prof. Chrysi Laspidou
Professor at the Civil Engineering Department, University of Thessaly, Greece
Chrysi Laspidou is a Professor at the Civil Engineering Department, University of Thessaly in Greece. She is the Vice-President of Research and Technology at Water Europe and a member of the Steering Committee of the Water-Energy-Food Nexus Knowledge Action Network at Future Earth. She is the Chair of the COST Action NEXUSNET and the coordinator of the H2020 project ARSINOE.
13:40 - 15:00
Friday 16th December
PANEL 3 • A complex reality demands complexity related solutions - What works and what doesn’t in a circular world?
- Balkans Go Circular offers answers whether Circular Economy in crisis times is key for success or a long-forgotten promise? -
We will discuss about complex system thinking for complex problem solving with relevant experts:
- Maria Palakarkina, Executive Director of Bulgarian Association of Recycling
- Prof. Chrysi Laspidou, Professor at the Civil Engineering Department, University of Thessaly, Greece
- Ismar Ćeremida, Project Coordinator, UNDP Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Dr. Anna-Vera Deinhammer, Director for Circular Cities & Regions, Circular Economy Forum Austria
- Dr. Srna Sudar, Head of Project Office at University of Montenegro
The panel will be moderated by: Cristina Badulescu, Coordinator of EIT Climate KIC Romania Hub
Balkans Go Circular will offer answers to following questions:
- How should the new smart sustainable circular neighbourhood areas look like?
- What is necessary to fulfil the circular market demand?
- How do we ensure a constant supply of materials?
- How do we deal with the broken food supply chains?